Thursday, March 21, 2013

In Christ Alone

At worship rehearsal we practiced "In Christ Alone" to play next week. This verse really hit me:

"In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song.This Cornerstone, this solid ground,Firm through the fiercest drought and storm."


Here's the whole song:




So, I listen to a song like this and God reminds me of the need for all nations to hear His name. I go through hard times all of the time, but I am blessed to have the Lord to guide me through them. So many people don't know His name. They don't know this Cornerstone. They don't know this Strength. They don't know this Hope. My heart breaks for these people.

I love this song because for so many reasons. It starts off by reminding you that your life is only possible through the Lord. Then, it reminds you why: The Gospel. We are all sinners and the wages of that sin is death. But God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, Jesus, to die so that we don't have to. We are washed clean of our sin by the blood of Jesus and are free to live now because of what He did, and nothing could ever take us away from that forgiveness! No matter how bleak today becomes, I have hope that the Lord will provide a better tomorrow, either on this earth or in Heaven.

What strength and joy we have, knowing this! My heart is broken for the billions of people who don't know this today -- the people who go through life daily on their own, with no hope. That's why we go. We go to bring hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment