Wednesday, October 23, 2013

If you had two weeks...

At my school we have chapel service in the mornings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week. We get to hear from great preachers and missionaries from all over the nation and world. I never know what to expect or how God might show up when I walk into chapel.

Yesterday, when I was at chapel, we talked a lot about how you want to be remembered after you die. It was a great message, but I think God had something slightly different in mind for me to learn. Somehow, my brain got to thinking about death and the end times. The question I asked myself was this: "If there were only two weeks until Christ's return, and you knew it, what would you be doing with your time?"

I expected to answer with things like spending time with family or being with the youth at my church more, but all I could think about was missions. If I knew there were only two weeks until Christ's return, that would mean that there were only two weeks to tell everyone on the planet about Jesus! The only problem is that there are SO many areas that have never had a chance to hear His gospel!

There are people who die every day who have never heard of the saving mercy and grace of Jesus Christ. Can you live with that knowledge? I can't.

God got me really fired up about missions again. There is an end coming; am I living like it?

That makes the Great Commission a little weightier to me. We MUST share this message with all peoples!

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20a

No comments:

Post a Comment