Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Abundant life

The thing I have been learning for the past week, is that when Jesus promised me abundant life (John 10:10), He meant it!

Last weekend I got to see my "sisters" from high school in San Antonio and Austin, Texas. It was a weekend full of coffee, music, and encouragement. We caught up, laughed til we cried, jammed til we were too tired, and encouraged one another. It was the best! I love them more than anything! Anyways, we went to an amazing worship service in Austin at The Stone. The sermon was on prayer, and if you read my last blog, God definitely planned it that I would hear that message.

(You can listen to the sermon HERE!)

After I heard that sermon, I was very challenged and inspired. Monday morning started off with some intense prayer with my best friend Taylor. I came back to the room, and checked my phone. I had tons of messages of people who had donated to my trip. That week, I went from being $1,130 away from my goal to being fully funded. God is faithful! When He calls, He also provides!

So, now that you are caught up and I am officially going to Uganda, I have another call to prayer and action for you from one of my friends, Steven.



He writes:

Dealing with Doubts (Numbers 13-14):

God did some pretty amazing things to bring his chosen people to the Promised Land (so called because, well, He promised them that He'd give it to them). He used the horrific betrayal of Joseph at the hands of his brothers to eventually save all of Israel and a hefty portion of Egypt. When his people were enslaved, he not only set them free but humbled one of the most powerful empires in the ancient world in the process. He then led those people through some of the harshest terrain on Earth, providing for their needs with water from rocks and bread that appeared in the dew. And yet...


Moses and the tribes of Israel stopped outside of the Promised Land and sent a contingent of spies to scope it out. After over a month, the spies returned and told everyone how incredible their inheritance was. And that there was no way they could obtain it. The people are too big and too many, there's no way we can have what was promised to us by the All Powerful Creator of the Universe.

What?

I've been afraid to admit this until recently, but I did the same thing. China is my Promised Land and God wants to send me, but I didn't think there was any way $4,000 was going to happen in a month. That number is too big!

We have a saying in Royal Servants: "Faith is believing that God is able to do what He said He would do." When you think about it, that shouldn't be hard at all. No more indecisive diction: I'm going to China. The only people who saw the Promised Land and were allowed to enter after Israel's complete lack of faith were the two spies who said "God told us this would be ours and I believe Him."

I'm going to China. Will you help me?


Steven is returning to China this summer to do some work that the Lord has so obviously called Him to do! He will be teaching English and sharing about Jesus over there! Please consider donating to His trip! Be a part of what God is doing in China.

More info HERE!

Donate HERE! (Just select Steven Jones in the drop down box)

No comments:

Post a Comment