Thursday, December 13, 2012

Convictions

So, this is going to be a shorty... Make sure you read "Day 6" before you read this so you can set the scene!

This was another big conviction God gave me in Cambodia; it happened during my first day of CPR classes -- totally caught me off guard! As I was wrapping up my class, after about 1 hour and 45 minutes of teaching, my translator said to me, "Are we about to finish?" I was pretty happy with how far we had come in one day so I replied, "Yep. We are about to wrap up!"

Her response, "When do we pray?"

Speechless. Praying during CPR class? My instructors never prayed during my lifeguard & CPR certification classes. In fact, none of the classes I have ever taken, besides bible studies, have involved prayer.

"We want to pray before and after the lessons."

I was so inspired by these people. The disciples at Rahab's House seriously live every second for Him! Every single second. They pray constantly.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

They live those verses out. They constantly praise God, turn to God for help, encourage each other with prayer... They don't underestimate the power of God or the power of prayer. I want to be like that

No comments:

Post a Comment